We’ve gotten to know the team as very proactive in continuously improving our campaigns, and their good customer service and knowledge of the market make the collaboration very pleasant. We look forward to continue working with Digital Dialog for further campaigns in future.
Manager eMarketing at Switzerland Tourism
The Swiss Mag iPad app from Switzerland Tourism is an interactive guide with several themed brochures, useful tips and stunning high-definition photos and videos of various tourist regions within Switzerland. It offers a wealth of useful information and inspiring ideas to help you plan a perfect holiday. Click on the iPad to download app.
The free app was launched in April 2012, but the average number of downloads from the UK was quite low. In August 2012, they turned to Digital Dialog to enhance its popularity with the objective of generating more downloads. Since then, Digital Dialog has been regularly marketing the app within the UK with great results.
In early 2012, most mobile app marketing campaigns relied on a single strategy – mobile advertising. With social media and other channels on the rise and being increasingly consumed on mobile devices, we saw tremendous untapped opportunities for leveraging these channels as a new way of marketing mobile apps. And so we came up with a multi-channel approach that included:
- Mobile in-app and display advertising – ads on popular travel related apps and websites targeted specifically for iPad
- Highly targeted ads and sponsored stories on Facebook
- Video marketing, YouTube advertising – an app demo video showcasing the key features of the app for video marketing on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
- Online PR – specially written editorials and advertorials posted across relevant sites and forums on the web
- iTunes app store marketing – a burst-marketing technique to improve rankings and creating a ripple effect for downloads
Consistently ranked within top 25 travel apps
Over 16,000 downloads to date through campaign promotion