Atout France turned to Digital Dialog to promote their newly developed Champagne Ardenne No1. App. The app is essentially an e-magazine that features the region in all its glory with great editorial and video content. The objectives of the campaign were to:
- Promote downloads of the Champagne Ardenne iPhone and Android mobile apps.
- Encourage users of the app to consider Champagne Ardenne as an attractive destination for vineyard-themed holidays.
In choosing the best mix of media to promote the app, one of our early decisions was to allocate at least 50% of the budget to advertising on mobile platforms. This was based on the fact that when the ad is viewed on a mobile device, it allows the shortest and quickest navigation route to the app download page compared to other platforms.
Through in-app advertising and mobile web ads, we reached audiences on other popular and relevant apps and mobile sites respectively. We combined mobile marketing with an email campaign aimed at driving users to the app download pages. In addition to sending emails to the client’s internal database, we ran an external email campaign with a selection criteria of ABC1, 35 years and over, empty nesters, urban women, smart phone and iPad users, interested in France and the art of living, living in London and South of England.
The overall strategy included:
- Identifying the best options to drive maximum downloads.
- Working with and consulting Atout France on earned media marketing efforts such as promotion strategy on Facebook, and Twitter, planning the internal email campaigns (subject lines, creative designs, testing the creative).
- Designing the creative for email and mobile campaigns.
Over 3000 downloads in four weeks
High visibility campaign over email and mobile