Ananda is an award-winning luxury destination spa resort in India situated at the Himalayan foothills in Northern India. As one of the best luxury ayurvedic retreats in India, Ananda integrates traditional Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta with international wellness experiences, fitness and healthy organic cuisine to restore balance and harmonize energy.
In early 2017, Ananda turned to Digital Dialog to increase awareness and boost sales from the UK market especially through paid search and social.
We started out by getting a detailed understanding of Ananda’s business particularly it’s offerings, type of clients, competitors and what made them unique from their competitors. We gained a good understanding of their digital and offline activities to get a full picture of the booking cycle and their current ROI. During this process we answered key questions such as:
- What packages sell the most from the UK?
- Typical demographic of a UK customer (age range, gender, marital status, income range etc.)
- Average value of a package sale from UK
- Estimated cost per conversion (or CPA) for each package currently sold
- Breakdown of sales sources: Direct online v/s tour operators v/s direct calls to the resort
- Details about their existing marketing activities
- Website and other metrics
The paid search campaign began with an extensive keyword research to:
- Identify previously untapped keyword opportunities
- Avoid keywords not relevant to the UK market
- Determine volume of searches related to Ananda’s offerings
- Estimate bids for the main keywords
The campaign set up involved all the standard tasks and best practices of paid search campaigns. To ensure we were able to track each conversion arising from our campaign, we set up events and conversion pixels that tracked various lead generation activities such as enquiry form submissions, email link clicks , visits to the contact us page and of course any bookings.
With an average price of an Ananda experience being approximately £800 per night, it takes a fair amount of enquiries, website visits and interactions before a booking is made. Therefore we understood that a conversion goal of acquiring a lead was a more meaningful metric to track against as opposed to just bookings.
In addition to driving leads via paid search, we also market Ananda special offers via Facebook, generating more leads and creating brand awareness. We developed a bespoke website that showcases their offer in a much better way than what’s possible on their own website. The goal is to spread awareness of the package and direct visitors to Ananda’s own website where they can consume further content and generate an enquiry or proceed to book.
Since the campaign began in mid 2017, Digital Dialog have generated a number of new leads, both via paid search and social media which have helped increase bookings from the UK market.